Friday, April 07, 2006

Take the Lead? If You Insist

It's not a secret that I love movies with dancing in it. Really any kind will do. "Beat Street", a little known gem, full of break dancing, but I couldn't help myself and it even made me cry. "Center Stage", couldn't be helped had to see it. "Strictly Ballroom".. nothing further needs to be said on the cult gem, clearly it's a classic.

So naturally when I hear of a delight that has both dancing on one hand AND Antonio Banderas on the other, what can I do but put my hands together and run off immediately to see such a flick.

If you need me look for me tonight at "Take the Lead".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude I was impressed that you girls watched Beat Street with me, and yes I was a bit surprised that you cried when Ramon and Spit were electrocuted on the 3rd rail of the subway line....man those were good times. That is the soundtrack I need to get!

"It's like a heart beat...Beat Street!"

Devry said...

Linds,

So what did you think of "Take the Lead"? Quinn and I saw it on Friday. Yes, and it was even his idea. At first he wanted to go see "Stay Alive". What is that you ask? Indeed, it is a movie about how if you die in a video game you die in real life. I was trying to be a dutiful soon-to-be wife and agreed to go see it with him. Thankfully, he came to his senses and decided that it would probably be a waste of our money so we saw Antonio in all his ballroom dancing glory instead. And it was quite delightful. Quinn loved it as well. I believe he told Ryan yesterday that "It was a great movie!"

PJC said...

Speaking of dancing in movies... did you ever see the Vanessa Williams "Dance With Me"? The plot was very predictable (as usual with dancing movies) but the latin dancing was very fun, and Vanessa's love interest was quite the cutie. I, too, am a sucker for dancing movies. I rented that one where Jessica Alba is a dance instructor in the hood. I was disappointed. Too much inner-city drama, not enough inner-city dancing. jenn

Lindsay said...

Well, I loved "Take the Lead". The part where Antonio gets the kids interested in ballroom by doing a smokin' hot Tango with some hottie.... Priceless!! I would give it two very enthusiastic thumbs up. Also, I'm indeed glad to know that we have another dance movie fan in our mix. Quinn.......welcome!!

KA said...

Raise your hand if you think I can get Jon to see "Take the Lead" with me, without A) falling asleep or B) bringing a book.