Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Showtunes

Clearly I have long been a fan of the showtune. I can remember our trip to Nauvoo when I purchased Guys and Dolls . I remember listening to it over and over and over again. Until I'm quite certain H.B. wanted to snap his own neck. I can't understand this attitude as I don't feel I could ever, even to this day tire of it. I especially enjoyed Sit Down Your Rockin' The Boat.

It's no secret that lately I have been in LOVE with Wicked as well as Thouroghly Modern Millie. So in preparation for me leaving the Country I have decided to revel in my love by adding to my collection. I feel this will shore me up for the adventure lying just ahead. I recently purchased the following:

My Fair lady-This is the original with Julie Andrews and Rex Harrison, Not that imposter Audrey.
*Note-I adore Audrey Hepburn and am in love with her in the movie version of My Fair Lady but where Broadway is concerned I worship at Ms. Andrews altar.

Camelot- As a lover of all things Arthur how could I help myself.

Monty Python's Spamalot- For reasons as stated above.

In reminiscing about Guys and Dolls I am realising that I will have to pick up a copy of that as well. I want nothing more than at this moment to be listening to Sit Down Your Rockin' the Boat.

A little tip for all of you Utahns. If you haven't already experinced Kosy 106.5 and their showtune Saturday I would highly recommend it to you. You can always hear all of the old classics and maybe find a new tune or two destined to become a classic.

4 comments:

KA said...

No 76 trombones?

Anonymous said...

Good thing you didn't buy the motion picture soundtrack for My Fair Lady as it's not even Audrey singing. They dubbed her in the movie.

Anonymous said...

And what's wrong with "Little Shop of Horrors"? or, or my all-time favorite showtune movie, "Muscle Beach Party"?

Anonymous said...

"Rocky Horror Picture Show"