Wednesday, July 11, 2007

'arry Potter and other delights


So last night I forgot for a moment that I'm not 19 and that I am in fact 30. Mallory and Lexi called me up to inquire if I wanted to attend a midnight showing of "Order of the Phoenix". Obviously I'm not normally up at midnight, especially on a weeknight. But you know how I have a soft spot in my heart for Harry.

So around 9:30 p.m. last night Dana, Mallory, Lexi and I headed up to Sandy. Yes, sandy. Turns out there was not one seat to be had down here in Utah county. We arrived at the theater a little past 10 and to our chagrin found that Salt Lake County aren't quite the movie freaks that the Utah county is. We were pretty much the first people there. People didn't really start trickling in until about 11:30. Movie started at 12:20 we got home this morning around 3:30.

Obviously I didn't quite make it in to work on time. But oh was it worth it. I LOVED this movie. Dolores Umbridge was delightfully evil and it only served to fan my fire to find out how this whole fascinating saga will end.

My recommendation? Do race right out and see this movie!

7 comments:

Dana said...

It was definitely worth the four hours of sleep I sacrificed. Although I was disappointed that only one family dressed up at our theater. I would bet half the audience was sporting wizard gear in the U.C.

KA said...

The dressing up for a movie bit is a little strange to me. It doesn't "bug" me per se, but I just would never do it. But I did appreciate all the pot bellies that went all out for Superman Returns, if you know what I mean.

Justin said...

Can't wait to see this as well--mozy on over to my blog to see how I rank the first four movies against each other...

shoeaddict said...

I was here.

Call me every 5 minutes :)

mamashine said...

It was very good, wasn't it? I wish it was much longer, because they had to leave SO MUCH out of the book. I really missed the quidditch.

came over from shoeaddict to say hi. :)

tharker said...

I too found you from Kristen, the Shoe Addict. I saw the movie Friday night and I want to go back again and again! I loved it so much, that I came home and began reading #5 once more. I cannot wait for 11:59pm Friday evening!!!!

Okay, so get used to me, I use a lot of exclamation points when discussing "arry". Love him!!!

ld said...

cs, Sister Megs, Bird, Brig, and I went together to see the movie. All seemed to enjoy it. However, I did suffer through a bout of TB 3/4's of the way through the movie…that was one loooooong movie.