Monday, February 11, 2008

Vertigo

I woke up suffering from this ailment, not so much a delight. Everything is spinning and I just feel nauseous. I made an error in judgment by thinking it would pass and driving myself to work. I now can make an educated guess as to how it must feel to drive drunk.

Let's just say I was most definitely a danger to myself and others. After suffering through a nearly intolerable feeling that if I moved my head in the slightest degree I would throw up, I finally made an appt with my doctor.

Turns out there is nothing they can do about vertigo....um, thanks doc. Can I have my 15 dollars back?

He did give me some anti nausea, dizziness pills and told me that is should last about a week and then after that I will probably be lightheaded for another month.

Sweet!! When asked if it will be worse in the morning I was informed that it will get worse and better whenever it so chooses. There will be no rhyme nor reason. So the good news just kept on coming from the doctor.

After taking a pill I did feel better for a bit but now it's clearly starting to wear off and I'm wondering to myself, how on earth I'm going to manage to drive myself home from work.

So pray for me....seriously pray and should you see a white Hyundai on the road get over in the other lane or better yet exit the freeway all together. Believe me it is best for your personal health and safety.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that what lucille suffered from on arrested development? hahaha oh you two

KA said...

Was it anti-vert? That worked for me.

Justin said...

Have you tried spinning around in circles to counteract the spinning of your head?

cs said...

so is it an inner ear thing that is causing your dizziness? you poor thing, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Lindsay said...

It's a viral infection in the inner ear. So there is nothing they can really do for it. I just have to ride out the extreme dizziness factor until it subsides. About a week I'm told.

lacy lee said...

Linny! I'm sorry you're sick! I'll call you tomorrow to cheer you up. Penelope has taken to screaming, so that could cheer you up as well. I know it does wonders for me...

the peine's said...

Hello Hello, I'm in a place called vertigo.....Sorry I couldn't resist. I heart U2. Hope you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Please get well soon. No one needs to be sick. I had to look up "vertigo". I hadn't heard of it before. I thought it was a song! Which it is, but it's also an illness, as well and apparently a real crummy one at that. I hope you feel better soon. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Love ya!