Thursday, June 12, 2008

Preparing to run a 5K

First of all let me preface by saying that I recognize this is no Marathon. But it is my first race since I've been training and I'm very excited about it. For those of you not familiar with Orem Summerfest it kicks off Saturday's activities with this early fireman's 5K. The day continues on with more fun and frivolity culminating in an amazing fireworks display. I'm excited. I'm even more excited after talking to Lacy this afternoon. I've been having in my mind that a 5K is 4 miles, I've been training accordingly, turns out it's only 3 and some change. So now I'm feeling extra confident about running it.

After this I'm continuing my training to participate in the 10K on the 4th of July. This I've been assured is in fact 6 miles and some change. Dana, you still in?

5 comments:

lacy lee said...

see what happens when you actually listen to me?? :)

You'll do awesome!

Dana said...

Awesome! Yes I'm totally in for the 4th. What time is your run tomorrow? I'd love to cheer you on!

Dana said...

or maybe run it?!

Lindsay said...

Dana,

It would be amazing for you to run in it with me :) Registration is from 7-7:45 and race starts at 8. Let me know and I'll send you the link to the registration form!

Hooray Orem Summerfest!!

shoeaddict said...

Good luck!

I would like to run a marathon one day. Right now, I have another goal completly.