Monday, July 17, 2006

Cove Fort and Other Delights


This weekend we went down to St. George with Jon and Kristen. We attended the play Grease "School Version". This just means that they cleaned up the lyrics to be not quite so graphic. It was truly a high school delight, although i'm quite certain that both Ray and Jon wanted to snap their own necks. Kristen and I however were thouroughly entertained.

We also met with some of Ray's friends this weekend. His friend Wilma from Ireland and her husband Craig, also a friend of Ray's from college and his wife and baby.

As a fun sabbath activity on our way home yesterday we stopped at Cove Fort. Everytime we pass by there we always say we should stop and finally yesterday we did. We didn't think they would be there on a Sunday, but the missionaries were indeed there and out in full force. We had a delightful couple from Boise take us around and it was fascinating. As I'm sure most of you already know Cove Fort was run by Gordon B. Hinckley's grandfather, Ira, his wife and family. By all accounts these were truly amazing people and it was wonderful to feel the spirit that was there as we learned about the Fort.

Last night was a fun one with an impromptu family gathering so that the Larry Arnett clan could finally meet our little Canyon. I'm posting a pic of she and I from when she was still in the hospital and I leave you with a final question;

How can anyone resist this face?- Her's not mine ;)

3 comments:

Justin said...

Loved Cove Fort as well--a perfect Sunday afternoon stop for a long drive from St. George or Vegas.

PJC said...

LINDS--
you look 12 in that picture! I love it. Oh, and the baby is of course adoreable. GO MILEY!

Anonymous said...

You Do look 12 in that picture with Canyon. I just have to say here that I have been reading your comments on all of your blogs and you totally crack me up!!!! I am laughing still! It's just the way you say everything is so funny...like on that Lost and Heroes article.....I just love you and think you are so entertaining!!!!!! Lacy and Dave came up this weekend and she told me where to find all these blogs. Jeff never told me where this all is. I can't wait to have 92 hours to read everything!! Anyway, just wanted to tell you that I think you are hilarious. You make me laugh outloud.