Monday, July 31, 2006

Much Fun in the Bear Lake Sun





I thought I'd start by honoring the two people for whom we trekked all the way to Bear Lake, Idaho to celebrate. Happy Birthday Dana & Steph. It was a very fun weekend in honor of 2 very fun people who I love with all my heart!


I know you were all most anxiously awaiting to hear whether or not our Bear Lake festivities were a sucess or not. Rest assured that we had a most delightful time.

Saturday morning we all got up early and headed out the the lake. Stephanie had purchased what was either referred to as the "party island" or "temptation island" depending on who was on it at the time.
Much fun in the sun, several sunburned people and a party island (almost lost to the Bear Lake monster later for more details on this ask Steph, Jake or Kathleen)....we packed up and headed back for showers and to rendezvous back at the Steve and Peggy Portela household from some really, really delicious dutch oven delights .

After dinner we all participated in some really fun relays. The first one involved straws and pretzels. Here is a pic of Stacey and I ROCKING the relay.

Next was followed by getting a piece of bubble gum out of whip cream and blowing a bubble, and filling up a glass with water by using only a spoon.


Behold the winners of said competition in all their glory!



Thanks to the Portela family for being the hosts with the most. I can't wait until next year!

2 comments:

Devry said...

The Party Island was a hit! Even if I did suffer one of the most excrutiating sunburns of my life to my shins and feet due to the fact that I couldn't tear myself away from the Island.

lacy lee said...

Looks like a blast. I wish I could have joined in the sunburn-fun!!