Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Fun Accomplished

Lacy, P and I had a most delightful time in Sunny SD. Saturday upon arrival we loaded up what felt like a mountain of luggage into our VERY compact Kia (did I mention I am a notorious over packer). We quickly found our hotel and set out to explore. We hit up a delightful little Bistro just around the corner from us. After savoring the delights of said Bistro we then proceeded to go to the pool for some maxin' and relaxin' Here is a shot of P and I enjoying some aunt/niece pool time.


The following day we went to Church where I had an, "it's a small world after all" moment. There were lots of visitors due to it being Labor Day and there was a woman there visiting her daughter who I randomly sat next to on one of my flights out to Ireland. Good times.

Later that day we, along with about a million other people went out to Coronado Island. It was honestly so hot that we all thought we would melt. This is when I decided that perhaps I was over-moisturized. From this point on I ramped down the morning lotion. Here we are having our best attempt at a self portrait whilst waiting to eat some pizza at one of the only air-conditioned restaurants on the island (hence why we picked it).


Monday we spent out at La Jolla. I have never been but the view was stunning and it really wasn't all that crowded. It was a most delightful place to introduce little 'Nella Bean to the ocean. Here she is in all her "first day at the beach" glory.


Here is her Auntie and Mom, with perhaps a little less glory but loving the company and scenery none the less.

We finished up our luxuriously fun time on Tuesday at Mission Beach. We walked the boardwalk there and decided that next time we go to California we will rent one of the plethora of beach front properties that are at the coast. Here is 'Nella and I getting in some last minute bonding time on the boardwalk.

I arrived home last night 45 minutes late as our plane had to circle due to the thunderstorms we experienced in Utah last night. I guess this really might have been the last hurrah of summer :)

3 comments:

shoeaddict said...

So cute. It sounds so fun. That babe is the sweetest.

jennie said...

What a fun trip!!! What a lucky little lady P is to have such a fantastic auntie!
xoxo

KA said...

I'm interested in more info about the bistro.