Friday, July 04, 2008

10K

Here are Dana and I at Magelby's in all our after run sweaty glory

Got up this morning about 5:15. Dana picked me up and we made our way over to Kiwanis Park on 9th and 9th in Provo. We started the run uphill with about 1000 other runners. It wasn't too hot which was a blessing. Another great thing about this route is that it takes you down University Ave and up Center Street in Provo. This is hugely motivating as there are a bajillion people camped out along this route waiting for the parade to start.

Not only do they cheer you on which is kind of cool, but they ramp up the shame factor you would feel if you were walking. So good times!

Dana came in under her goal time as did I. Mine was 1 hour and 30 minutes and I crossed the line at 1:28:08. I felt like it was a good effort for my first 6 + mile race. I can't wait to keep training and see what happens next year!

We then met the Larry Arnett and extended fam at Magelby's Fresh. We had a delish breakfast of omelettes and pancakes. Dana and I decided that we are making this a family tradition from now on. So everyone dust off your running shoes and train for a 5k, 10k or 1 mile fun run in '09.

6 comments:

Megs said...

I am SO in!! Congrats you two!!! WAY TO GO!! You're definitely a hero in my book as I'm almost positive I wouldn't have been able to even finish the 10k. I've got to get out and start running....one day! ;) love ya Linds!!!

shoeaddict said...

Way to go!

The MacMizzles said...

You go girl! That is so cool.

Justin said...

You're making me proud to be an American. Great job!

My Life as a Dog said...

Woo hoo! Good job.

Unknown said...

I'm so proud. BTW you look fabulous!! I'm impressed.