Friday, July 11, 2008

A Tale of Two Ipods

I lost my Ipod. Friday after the race is the last time I remember seeing it. I've called everywhere that I was this last weekend. Ryan and Dana kindly looked in their vehicles. Devry checked in the Pacifica from our Saturday adventures. I called Magleby's Fresh to see if any Ipods had been located. I even called my friend Carol on the long shot that it was in her car from Cul-de-sac of fire. No luck.

I've taken this week mostly off of running and I was a bit scared about how running would go without my Ipod to get me through the first 10-15 minutes until I get in "the zone".

I have long wanted the Nike + system. But my Ipod was a full size and the Plus system only works with the Nano. Since I had the other Pod I couldn't justify buying the Nano. So I thought perhaps the Universe was telling me that it was my time to get this system.

Last night I went to my company party. As part of the festivities they had a raffle for all employees. Clearly the Universe is on my side as I won a brand new Ipod Nano in the raffle.

I love it when the Universe works for you and not against you. Thanks Universe!!

5 comments:

cs said...

so happy for you. you deserve it.

My Life as a Dog said...

Apparently you are in tune with the universe when it has something to say.

Funny thing is both iPods that I've owned I've actually won at company parties.

shoeaddict said...

That is awesome. You are such a sweet person with a big heart who deserves nice things.

KA said...

Um, that is fabulous.

Unknown said...

Good news! (BTW, how exactly do you get in the "zone"? I need to find it, I can't seem to make it past the first 15 min. of jogging.)