Friday, August 24, 2007

Tip: If I avert my eyes I don't want to see

Today I went into the Utah Wellness Clinic to get some blood drawn. Getting blood drawn is never my favorite thing at any time. This time I had been fasting for 12 hours and they needed to get 4 vials. Obviously given the afore mentioned I was not looking forward to this visit.

When I got the the phlebotomist she strapped my arm up for maximum blood suckage. I told her not to be offended but I was going to look away as my own blood sometimes makes me queasy. She said it was not a problem.

She's taking the blood from my left side and so I am looking to the right. She gets the needle in (actually not as bad as normal as she got it in on the first try and normally it takes them about three) and I'm still looking away when suddenly the first vial of blood drawn from my body lands on the counter right in front of where my head is turned to.

Let's just say that I passed out for a moment. Um hello what part of "I am going to look away as the sight of my own blood sometimes makes me queasy."

2 comments:

KA said...

Maybe she was from Payson.

Oh. Did I just say that out loud?

ld said...

Those lab techs need to get their entertainment some how. Being a "blood sucker" has got to be boring work.