Friday, March 24, 2006

Counting the Calories

I'm currently taking Aunt Candy's challenge to heart. I want to win the wedding weight loss competion at Devry's wedding. To ramp up I'm back at the gym and counting calories.

I'm currently shaking my head at my current will power to not over indulge in the girl scout cookies and in counting all blessed 16 calories in a cadbury mini egg when I put one in my mouth. Where this power comes from nobody knows.

What gym delights have I sampled this week? Well, I went to Spin on Tuesday where a very pregnant spin instructor kicked my booty, whilst not even seeming to break a sweat her own self (unnatural). I was proud of myself for enduring the entire hour.

Sidenote: What I love about spin is that it burns about 1000 calories an hour which is a delight. Thanks goes out to Mom and Dad for the best Christmas present ever, my heart rate monitor, which allows me to know how many calories I have burned based on my own personal heart rate.

Thursday was a "make it yourself" workout. Which includes 10 minutes on 3 different cardio machines. 10 minutes rowing, 10 minutes on the stair stepper, that's the one where you climb actual stairs (kill me), 10 minutes running. Calories burned= 600.

Revealed: My sinister plan to out hottie the bride on May 6th is in full effect.

Now let's here from my competition.......anyone, anyone?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No way would I compete with that sort of prowess. You will clearly be amazing on May 6th. But I've seen the bride's dress designs--you may need some sort of a silk taffeta number to full-on out hottie Miss Charlize.

Anonymous said...

Might I volunteer to "hang onto" your Girl Scout cookies for you to keep them out of temptation's way?

Anonymous said...

I feel your post was shouting at me to "Bring it on!" and so I respond with "It has been broughten!" My plan has been the gym 4x's a week, not counting calories but for b-fast and lunch I eat no refined carbs just whole grains, fruits, veggies and lean proteins then dinner I eat a sensible portion of whatever dream dinner I'm cooking for the night. With nothing touching my lips after 7:30 p.m. I also am not making a little after dinner desert off limits but I'm using the three bite rule I saw on Oprah. Bascially the theory is you can satisfy your craving for whatever in three bites.