Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Sauce People.......the Sauce!

This will come as no surprise to any of you when I say that I don't cook. In my defense I'm single, so cooking for me is a bit more of a hassle than it's worth. I would just as soon eat a protein bar and some string cheese and call that dinner.

But I want to turn over a new leaf. I know if I try I can be amazing at this, but in order to reach my full potential I need a shout out from all the cooks in the family. What's the secret to making sauces? This seems like the key to be unlocked. I'm all about the fresh veggies and some sort of meat, but I'd really like to shake it up with sauce.

Sidenote: Walmart packages this garlic chicken dish that is amazing. I just know if I could make my own sauces I could duplicate with both cheaper and more delicious results.

I sit here ready and waiting for the 101 brillance on this topic to pour in.

7 comments:

lacy lee said...

As a recently blossoming cook myself, I can tell you the secret to all things truly good: double the butter.

As for sauces, I'd recomment a cream cheese base. These tips may not be entirely compatable with your Calorie Fest 2006, but they make for very tasty delights.

Anonymous said...

When you're ready for it…I have a "killer" recipe for making raisin bread.

Anonymous said...

I have a killer recipe for Tacos. Oh, wait a minute, so does the rest of the world courtesy of DevHoyo adding it to her ward's cookbook.

Anonymous said...

Offended!! I have not added it to any cookbooks. In fact, I don't think anyone has the recipe but me. And I do know that know one can make it quite like me...ok, jla, you did teach me the ways, so i will give you credit. You are the taco master.

Anonymous said...

What's so great about jla's tacos? B/c I have a delicious recipe myself. Maybe we should have a bakeoff.

Anonymous said...

I only cook for money. How much would you like to wager on the best tacos?

Devry said...

I bet on jla. Sorry KA. But his tacos are famous.