Monday, March 06, 2006

Tai Pan Trading Company

If you have not discovered the joys of this store you must do so immediately. It is located on 90th south in Sandy, Utah and it is incredible. It's the most delicious home store and everything there (well most everything) is incredibly reasonably priced and adorable. This Saturday Penee, Sydnee and I took a jaunt up there. Penee made out like a bandit and Sydnee and I let her lean on our incredible interior decorating sense.

We then hit up the fashion place mall where I stood in line at See's candy for almost 40 minutes!! I mean is See's really that good? After a 40 minute wait I'm just not sure. The only thing that made the Fashion Place trip worth it is that Syd got seven jeans for only 6 bucks. Well that and some sort of delight called California brittle, that stuff was delicious.

We rounded off the day on the drive back to Orem with HB calling us to find out if we knew who had made some "suspicious" charges on his debit card. I was worried he'd call Dana to see if she was the culprit and ask her where the black vest was while he was at it. But luckily we discovered that it was just Penee feeding her Joann's fabric habit.

I have no doubts that HB has Dana on speed dial for all his unsolved mysteries. I'm glad in this case crisis was once again averted!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reese Witherspoon used to work at See's. I heard that. Really. So See's is an okay chocolate place, if you like Reese Witherspoon. If you don't like her, (she's only 5'1 you know) then might I suggest Mrs. Cavanaugh's? George Clooney dated her daughter, Mrs. Cavanaugh's I mean. Really, I heard that. Nobody famous has anything whatsoever to do with Kara's chocolate, which is why they get all my business. Although 2 cowboy guys work there at Christmas. Really.

This is Candy of Aunt

Anonymous said...

Doesn't matter where my chocolates come from…See's, Cavanugh's, or Kara's, they all seem to come with little nibbles or finger pokes in the bottom of each one that is left…with three or four empty wrappers in the box.

Anonymous said...

I wish someone would just come out with the infamous black vest so the rest of us could see what all the fuss is about for once and for all. And if this is your first taste of CA brittle, you have been missing out indeed.

Anonymous said...

Dear C.S.,

Didn't you know that I used to work at Kara's? So now that's ruined for you because as you know I'm quite famous. You'll just have to downgrade to Russel Stouffers. Yuck.