Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Update, Update, Update

What's happened since my last post? Plenty. Highlights since I last posted:


1. Penee's insistance that since she can't drive she will be purchasing a pony and cart. When told she couldn't possibly drive said pony or cart on Geneva Road she insisted that she would cross Geneva and take the "back roads" Can't wait to see how she parks with the Pony and Cart on her next trip to Joann's Fabric.

2. Going to my Aunt Barbara Hendrix's for a T-shirt party. Got to see her Grandson Benjamin. Who although 4 months old looks 10 seconds from both walking and talking. He is adorable, and the biggest baby I have ever seen.

3. Watching She's The Man. The movie I liked, and even laughed pretty hardily in a few spots. The real highlight however were the previews, they were amazing!! American Dreamz anyone? Look for me there.

4. Called to be the Relief Society pianist. Thanks to Aunt Candy. Finally all her years of teaching me the piano can be put to use in furthering the kingdom.

5. Miley informing me that she was going to get Dags (her dog) certified as a therapy dog so that he could be in the delivery room when the baby is born.

6. Finally.......Girl Scout cookies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aha! My life has now been validated. Yes!!
Relief Society pianist. That is a calling for the truly accomplished young woman. No doubt your bishopric knew this and were thus inspired. I wouldn’t recommend ‘Swans on a Lake’ for prelude though, no matter how many times you played it in private ‘grandparents formal attire printed program and corsage’ recitals. I also wouldn’t recommend the reggae version of God Speed the Right that Jantzen used to play for priesthood. Oh, and I for sure wouldn’t recommend playing with winter gloves on, that was your sister El oh-weeze’s technique, which explains why she is a writer/substitute teacher/crazy. But you, Linds, always had such talent and I am delighted you will be sending out the musical vibes to the Sisters in Zion. Now I didn’t want to bring it up, but you should be learning the organ, too. Hint, hint. Seriously, every single youth I have taught the organ to has wound up contributing to the kingdom via their feet, hands and heart:)

Anonymous said...

I am also quite accomplished with organs. It seems when cs.arnett is done with them, I find uses for their parts. I estimate over the years I have bought close to 500 organs. Yet, I am not an organ donor. Just think, Linds, if you learn to play the organ, you could be called an organ donor as well as an organ recipient. I have hauled numerous organ carcasses to scrap heaps all across the Sonoran desert. I've created some of the world's greatest organ bon fires (at Chadfest I) and let the Young Men in my ward used them as target practice. Just yesterday, I took a load of them to the county dump, costing me almost $50 American. I think I could be called the Donald Trump of used organs and I have added greatly to the underground organ economy of both North and South America. Come to think of it, one my organs was once owned by someone now in Russia. That means I'm global in scope. Take that cs. arnett, all you can do is play and teach the organ.